At St Catherine's we believe in providing a wealth of experiences of a scientific nature for our children.
- We will help the children to explore and investigate in a safe and supportive environment e.g. our school wildlife garden provides many excellent opportunities for all our children to learn about habitats, minibeasts, trees, flowers and birds, which will help the children to look with awe and wonder at the world about them.
- We will help the children to develop scientific knowledge and understanding of concepts through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Through "Working Scientifically" they will develop an understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science, working with different types of science enquires to help them answer scientific questions about the world around them.
- We will ensure that children are equipped with the scientific knowledge to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
- Above all we hope that the children will appreciate that science is fun.