At St. Catherine's children start swimming lessons in year 3.
- It is a legal requirement that children participate in swimming activites and water safety instruction.
- All relevant medical information must be transmitted to schoool and must be updated throughout the year if required (especially regarding Asthma)
- Swimming costumes must be ASA regulation type. Boys wear trunks not shorts and girls wear one peice simsuites not bikinis
- No jewellery may be worn
- If your child has a verruca they must wear a verruca sock until the condition is cleared
- Hair must be secured off the face at all times by a clip or band, if not, a bathing cap should be worn
- If your child is unable to take part in swimming lessons, for any reason, then school should be informated via your child's planner